Here at Social Soup, we take your privacy and the security of information you give us very seriously. So seriously, in fact, that we dedicate the next several pages to explaining all the ins and outs of our policy (see below). But while this information is extremely important, it’s also a little sleep inducing. So we’ve gone ahead and done a speedy version for you…
In a nutshell, we keep your details safe and secure. We’ll always be transparent about why we’re asking for information and what it will be used for. We’ll do our absolute utmost not to abuse your trust. If at any time you think we’ve dropped the ball, contact us at email@example.com. In the unlikely event that we don’t address your complaint to your satisfaction, you can speak to the guys at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) through their website www.oaic.gov.au.
And now for the sleepy version…
The Little Corporation Pty Limited (ABN 77 123 825 669) (trading as “SOCIAL SOUP”) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including, but not limited to, www.socialsoup.com;
- any of our related websites, social media pages, internal websites; and
- any of our mobile or tablet applications including the Social Soup App;
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to SOCIAL SOUP, including either physically or electronically; and
- any other means through which we lawfully collect personal information about you.
Kinds of personal information that we collect and hold
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, gender, date of birth, email address, address and telephone number. We may also collect:
- more detailed contact preferences;
- your Apple AppStore and/or Google Play Store ID and your unique device identifier (UDID);
- your social media handles, profile photos and login details including usernames;
- location information;
- photographs of you that you submit to us;
- social media posts;
- your occupation and information regarding your professional history and professional interests;
- information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you;
- information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services, including reviews;
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to us and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes); and
When you use the Social Soup Website (including the Social Soup App), we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with the Website.
How we collect your personal information
- via our Websites;
- when you deal with us over the telephone;
- when you send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email);
- when you have contact with us in person or via any medium;
- when you sign up to become a member of SOCIAL SOUP;
- when you download and use the Social Soup App;
- when you submit any content to or participate in a Collection Channel, including engaging with other users or taking part in projects and surveys;
- when you comment or post on social media using a project or other hashtag as notified by us;
- when you participate in promotions, offers or marketing activities;
- when you interact with a Website for a specific purpose or interact with or browse a Website generally; or
- when you subscribe to any of our services includes newsletters, updates or alerts.
We may also source your personal information from a third party where it is lawful for us to dos so and/or you have given permission for them to share your personal information, including social media platforms such as Instagram and databases which you have signed up to and agreed to be contacted by other companies. If we collect personal information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and inform you of this.
Passive Information Collection
As with many commercial websites and mobile and tablet applications, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a Website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time a SOCIAL SOUP app wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose whether or not to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that an app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. You can generally manage your platform level permissions via the Settings section on your device. For more information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out in this policy.
The collection of personal information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of thirteen (13) years old. Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by SOCIAL SOUP to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
The security of the information you provide
We are committed to ensuring the information you provide us is secure. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to reasonably secure any information collected from misuse, interference or loss, and in order to prevent unauthorised access, modification to or disclosure of that information. Your information is stored in our own servers located in Australia in secure facilities. We do not share access to these servers with any third parties.
How we use or disclose your personal information
We will use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, which is to provide you with the SOCIAL SOUP service including as follows:
- for the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel;
- to maintain the functionality of a Website;
- to send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites;
- to allow you to create an account, sign in and use the functionality of a particular Collection Channel including the Social Soup App;
- to allow you to take part in projects and surveys, submit content and earn and access rewards (if applicable);
- to allow you to publish posts to your social media channels via a Collection Channel;
- to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- to maintain our relationship with you;
- to provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages;
- to respond to member enquiries, complaints and complaints handling;
- to improve Website and system administration;
- to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research; and
- to share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners, trusted brands, clients and customers and their related bodies corporate and agents, and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
We may also use personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main reasons we collect it, such as invitations to events and to improve our service and communications and in respect of other services offered by us.
For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with our group companies, promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, our clients and customers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in SOCIAL SOUP being unable to provide you with access to the SOCIAL SOUP service (including a Website) and with certain content, information and upcoming opportunity, promotion, event or product information and/or accept content and promotion entries.
In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared group companies, selected service providers and their related bodies corporate, and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries. SOCIAL SOUP group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, fulfilment, logistics and printing services, data storage, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
Contact by SOCIAL SOUP
SOCIAL SOUP (and our directors, servants and agents) and its promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, or trusted third parties and other selected service providers, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Gaining access to information we hold about you
On a case by case basis SOCIAL SOUP may determine that it is not required to give an individual access to personal information to the extent that it is lawful for SOCIAL SOUP to do so. If such a determination is made, then we will provide you with a written notice.
Where you are seeking information held on electronic file, or where you are seeking hard copies of personal information, we reserve the right to charge reasonable handling/ postage fees as appropriate. With some personal information that may be stored, for example where it is held on program tapes, it is not practical to provide this information to you without charging an appropriate fee as we deem reasonable in those circumstances.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (see below for details) and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information or, if necessary, we will discuss alternative action with you. You may also update your profile details via your account
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
In some cases, SOCIAL SOUP may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. SOCIAL SOUP’s employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by SOCIAL SOUP. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. SOCIAL SOUP will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Links to other websites
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. SOCIAL SOUP is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by SOCIAL SOUP or any of its affiliates. SOCIAL SOUP is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Sale of the Company
How to contact us
Phone: 02 9356 7500
We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible. Please allow 30 days for your request to be processed. If we do not handle your enquiry or complaint to your satisfaction or you believe any of our services do not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles you may make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) through their website: http://www.oaic.gov.au. But we sincerely hope it doesn’t come to that.